In Part 1 we downloaded or built from source control. In Part 2 we added UppercuT to our project. Now we need to edit the UppercuT configuration. Let’s UppercuT our code!
1. Navigate to the Settings folder and open the UppercuT.config file in your favorite editor.
2. Take a moment to familiarize yourself with all of the options available in the configuration file.
3. Copy the name of the solution file (minus .sln).
4. Select the current value of the project.name property. Currently it is __SOLUTION_NAME_WITHOUT_SLN_EXTENSION__.
5. Paste the solution name you copied.
6. Find and copy the url to the project in source control (provided you have a url). Otherwise just use http://something. At the time of writing this document, the revision side of VersionBuilder only works with Subversion repositories.
7. Select the current value of the repository.path property. Currently it is __REPOSITORY_PATH__.
8. Paste the url you copied. Remember that this should be to the top level of the repository, even if you are in the trunk or a branch.
9. Select the current value of the company.name property. Currently it is __COMPANY_NAME__.
The solution name is MoneyQIFGenerator.sln, so we include it as the project name without the .sln extension. The repository path is not down to a trunk or a branch, but at the very top level of the repository. The company is either a company you work for or your own personal company if you are open source.
There are more parts to the configuration. There is a full explanation of the other options available here: UppercuT - Automated Builds - UppercuT.config
UppercuT - Getting Started Series
Part 0 - Prerequisites
Part 1 - Get UppercuT
Part 2 - Add UppercuT to your project
Part 3 - Configure UppercuT.config
Part 4 - A note about the external tools / libraries
Part 5 - Build It!
Part 6 - Source Control / What NOT to check in
Part 7 - Setting up TortoiseSVN to Globally ignore UppercuT output folders and files
Part 8 - Next Steps
With this knowledge you shall build.